The Mayo Clinic estimates that approximately 11,000 people in the United States suffer severe spinal cord injuries every year. When these debilitating injuries occur, they can forever change many lives and can lead to astronomical recovery and rehabilitation costs.
At Winer, McKenna, Burritt & Tillis LLP, our attorneys use their experience and long history of success to help victims of spinal cord injuries obtain the compensation they need to facilitate recovery and cover ongoing expenses. As one of Oakland’s premier personal injury law firms, we have reached verdicts and settlements of more than $200 million for clients in injury and employment law matters.
To learn how our time-tested approach can help in your spinal cord injury case, call at (510) 433-1000. We offer free initial consultations and pursue all cases on a contingency fee basis.
Life-Changing Consequences Of Spinal Cord Injuries
In addition to the chronic pain that often accompanies spinal cord injuries, accidents that harm the spinal cord can lead to:
- Loss of sensation, often in limbs and extremities
- Reduced mobility
- Inability to control regulatory functions such as respiration
- Loss of bladder and bowel control
- Inability to function sexually
- Reduced life expectancy
Whether you suffer from these or other symptoms of spinal cord injuries, our team of powerful litigators stands ready to help.
Walnut Creek-Area Personal Injury Lawyers With In-Depth Spinal Cord Injury Knowledge
Although many situations can lead to spinal cord damage, there are specific accidents that are more likely to cause these catastrophic injuries.
- Car accidents: According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), car accidents are responsible for 46 percent of the spinal cord injuries that occur each year.
- Falls: Falls, including slip-and-falls, are the second leading cause of spinal cord injuries. The CDC notes that these injuries account for approximately 22 percent of traumatic spinal cord damage.
No matter what caused your injury, we have the trial experience and understanding of personal injury law necessary to give your case a strong chance to succeed.
To learn more about spinal cord injuries, view our FAQ page.
Significant Spinal Cord Injury Cases
- $4,550,000 — Woman Becomes Paralyzed as a Result of a Trip-and-Fall Accident Outside of Her Motel Room
- $1,100,000 — Product Liability Case Involving 35-Year-Old Man Has Spinal Cord Injury in Moveable Machine Accident
Contact Our Firm For A Free Consultation
Call(510) 433-1000 or contact us online for a free consultation with an experienced Oakland spinal cord injury lawyer.