Winer, McKenna & Burritt, LLP, is one of the top personal injury law firms in California, and we are leaders in addressing sexual harassment and employment discrimination across the state. Our partner attorneys have more than 60 years of combined experience, and founding attorney John D. Winer has been in private practice since 1980.
We represent clients throughout California who have suffered injuries due to the negligent, careless or wrongful acts of others. With offices in Oakland, San Francisco and Los Angeles, we are responsive, attentive and proactive in providing our clients with one-on-one, personalized legal services.
Virtuous Representation To Empower Our Clients
We provide compassionate legal counsel and aggressive representation in state and federal courts, taking on some of the largest defense law firms in the nation. We accept cases based on merit, and we pursue results with integrity. We take the time to build accurate, complete and solid cases for each of our clients.
Resourceful Walnut Creek-Area Employment Lawyers
Our personal injury and employment law practices are financed by the law firm. Every verdict and settlement we have obtained — which amount to more than $140 million — has been achieved on a contingency fee basis. Unless we get you money for your injuries, you pay no attorney fees.
Our Commitment To You
We offer free initial consultations in each of our practice areas. When you work with Winer, McKenna & Burritt, LLP, you will remain fully informed, and you can expect consistent follow-up communication. We address and plan for your near- and long-term needs throughout the legal process after thoroughly evaluating your case to establish its true value. We take several steps beyond what any insurance company would ever provide.
Trusted, Honored And Awarded Attorneys
- California Super Lawyers
- John D. Winer — Listed among top 5 percent of Northern California lawyers since 2006
- Alexis McKenna — Listed among top 2.5 percent of Northern California lawyers under 40 since 2009
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent* rating (the highest achievable rating) — John D. Winer
- Top Attorneys in Northern California awards from San Francisco Magazine — John D. Winer and Alexis McKenna
- Alameda Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association — Alexis McKenna, current president and member of the Board of Governors since 2005
- Consumer Attorneys of California (formerly the California Trial Lawyers Association) — John D. Winer served as vice president from 1994 to 1999
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association — John D. Winer, past president
Million Dollar Advocates Forum — John D. Winer
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum — John D. Winer
Our law firm is built on understanding the human needs, emotions and objectives in each case. We work to make connections with our clients. We fight to protect their rights and to maximize the full and fair compensation they deserve under California law.
Contact Winer, McKenna & Burritt, LLP, today to speak with a Los Angeles-, San Francisco- or Oakland-based personal injury lawyer at 800-652-6137 toll free.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.