Kelli Burritt has successfully represented injured employees and consumers in both state and federal court, and has helped those clients obtain multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements.
Ms. Burritt has dedicated her entire legal career to assisting individuals who have been injured or damaged by the negligence of others, including large national corporations and companies.
Prior to joining Winer, Burritt & Tillis LLP, Ms. Burritt has gained significant experience and prestige while working with two other well respected firms.
While an associate at the firm of Taylor & Ring, she focused on representing victims of sexual abuse, sexual harassment and catastrophic personal injuries. She achieved great success for her clients, including numerous multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements. These settlements include a $5,6000,000 settlement to a man who became a paraplegic as a result of a defective product; a $1,860,000 settlement for two young female students who were sexually abused by their volleyball coach; a $1,000,000 settlement for a woman who had been sexually abused during her employment with a police department by two police officers; a $2,000,000 settlement for a woman whose doctor’s negligence after she gave birth to triplets led to a catastrophic stroke; and a $1,350,000 verdict for a man whose doctor failed to timely diagnose his prostate cancer.
While an associate at another personal injury/employment litigation firm, Ms. Burritt also successfully represented her clients, including receiving the following settlements and verdicts: $500,000 verdict for a man who was sexually harassed by his male supervisor; a $400,000 settlement for a woman who suffered catastrophic injuries as a result of a defective roadway; a $250,000 verdict for a woman whose husband died due to the negligence of his doctor in failing to timely discover and treat his colon cancer; and a $200,000 verdict for a woman who was injured due to the negligence of a large retail store.
Ms. Burritt won numerous awards for her trial and appellate advocacy skills while at Pepperdine, including First Place in the Fall Individual Advocacy Tournament and Semi-Finalist in the National Appellate Advocacy Competition. She also competed on the National Trial Team and was a member of the Moot Court Board.
Ms. Burritt is excited to open the Los Angeles office of Winer, Burritt & Tillis LLP. She will continue to advocate zealously to ensure the best interests of her clients while working to achieve justice for them through the legal process.
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Employment Discrimination
- Sexual Harassment
- Sexual Abuse
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- Pepperdine University, Malibu, California – 1997
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: First Place, Fall Individual Advocacy Tournament
- Honors: Semi-Finalist, National Appellate Advocacy Competition
- Honors: Member, Moot Court Board
- Honors: Competitor, National Trial Team
- University of California at Santa Barbara – 1994
- Honors: Honors in Law and Society
- Rodriguez vs. Pacific Bell ($500,000 verdict for a male on male sexual harassment case)
- Sanchez vs. Dr. Maier ($250,000 verdict for a medical malpractice case- failure to diagnose colon cancer)
- Zamora vs. K-Mart ($200,000 verdict for a personal injury case)
- Thompson vs. Dr. Smith ($1,350,000 verdict in a medical malpractice case- failure to diagnose prostate cancer)
- Oxnard, CA: Lecture on Civil Remedies for Victims of Sexual Assault to The Coalition for Family Harmony, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Taylor & Ring