Workers in all industries in the state of California have rights. Arguably, the most important of those rights are your civil rights. Employers violate Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 if they discriminate against workers based on their gender. Jobs that are only suitable for men or only suitable for women are few and far between. If you have any questions about gender discrimination or you believe you have experienced sex discrimination, it is important to consult with an experienced employment discrimination lawyer.
At Winer, Burritt and Scott, LLP, we take discrimination claims very seriously. We represent women and men with discrimination claims, and we have main offices in Oakland and Los Angeles. We serve clients throughout the state, and we are available to address your concerns today.
Call us at (510) 433-1000 for a free initial consultation.
Our law firm has recovered more than $200 million in injury and employment law cases throughout the state. We are innovative litigators and trial lawyers at the top of our profession.
Filing A Gender Discrimination Claim
We can guide you through the process of efficiently and effectively filing claims with the Californvia Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Do not feel intimidated. We pursue employment discrimination claims on a regular basis, and we know how to protect your rights during all stages of the legal process. Our team can hold discriminatory employers accountable and pursue the compensation you deserve for lost wages, loss of opportunity and emotional damages aggressively.
Our partner attorneys have more than 60 years of combined legal experience, and we are prepared to battle for your recovery. We finance all costs of litigation if we take on your case:
- No upfront fees
- Free initial consultation
- Contingency fee-based payment (We only get paid when you recover compensation.)
We file claims based on gender discrimination regarding hiring, termination, layoffs, discipline, wages/compensation, promotion, job duties, job training, pregnancy, maternity leave, paternity leave, sexual orientation and sexual harassment.
We represent clients in any industry in the state, including:
- Service industry (waitresses, waiters, bartenders, caterers, hotel workers, etc.)
- Financial industry
- Medical or health care industry
- Advertising industry
- Automotive industry
- Agricultural industry
- Education industry
- Government sector
- Financial services industry
- Energy industry
- Many others
Significant Gender Discrimination Cases:
- $1.725 million recovery in a gender and racial discrimination settlement for female and Hispanic employees at a large transportation company who were paid less and not given the same privileges as white male employees.
- $1.25 million recovery on behalf of women who were sexually harassed and discriminated against by co-workers and supervisors of a large national company that sells home https://www.wmlawyers.com/firm-highlights/significant-cases/. Our firm found evidence of harassment, a hostile work environment, lack of an adequate human resources department and a discriminatory promotion history.
- $1.2 million recovery for five women who claimed sexual harassment and discrimination at a sports-related facility that tried to appeal to male customers by having the women dress in sexually seductive clothing, which led to unequal treatment of the women by the company and harassment from customers and supervisors.
Call Winer, Burritt and Scott, LLP — Free Consultation
For a free initial consultation with a Los Angeles, San Francisco or Oakland-based gender discrimination attorney, call (510) 433-1000 or fill out our online form.