Choosing an advocate who will ensure that your rights are protected in the workplace can be an overwhelming process. But it does not have to be.
At Winer, Burritt & Tillis LLP, we respect the needs and objectives of each individual. The attorney-client relationship should be one of trust, empathy and cohesion. It should be collaborative and built on mutual respect. Our attorneys strive for this gold standard with every prospective client, but sometimes personalities or expectations do not mesh.
Our resources are extensive, and our network is vast. Our law firm offers free initial consultations, so if we cannot handle your case, we may be able to help you find a colleague who will.
Call us today at (510) 433-1000 for a free consultation.
We are proud that the verdicts and settlements our partner attorneys have obtained during more than 60 years of combined legal practice have led to some significant changes in workplace regulations.
Selecting The Lawyer Who Is Right For You
Learning how to select a sexual harassment lawyer who you believe will best represent your interests and advance your case should not be made overly complicated. There are some quick things you can find on your own before ever meeting with a lawyer. Once you have narrowed the field, speaking with and meeting with a few lawyers will likely lead you to the best possible choice quite quickly.
- View prior results.
- Review the law firm’s and the lawyer’s ratings, recognition and awards from recognized and peer-reviewed legal resources such as Martindale-Hubbell, Super Lawyers and Consumer Attorneys of California.
- Review the lawyer’s experience – Does he or she have extensive experience at trial as well as in mediation, negotiation and arbitration?
- Find testimonials from clients, colleagues, competitors, expert witnesses and retired judges if possible.
- Is the lawyer a leader in the California legal community?
- Does the lawyer have published works concerning sexual harassment?
- Does the lawyer lecture in the legal community?
- The lawyer should accept your case on a contingency fee basis.
- The lawyer should be willing to advance the costs of litigation.
- He or she should also be experienced in both state and federal courts.
- Ensure the lawyer is admitted to the State Bar of California and that he or she has no ethics violations or disciplinary or administrative actions against him or her.
The lawyer who handles your case should be honorable, ethical, scholarly, empathetic and supported by a skillful professional support staff.
Your lawyer’s influence and reputation in the legal community also may be of great help to your case. His or her network of legal resources and financial backing may provide your case with the structure, preparation and assets to succeed even against the toughest challenges.
Contact Winer, Burritt & Tillis LLP
We serve clients throughout Northern and Southern California. For a confidential and free consultation, call Winer, Burritt & Tillis LLP, today (510) 433-1000. We pursue all cases on a contingency fee basis.
**We do not represent perpetrators of sexual harassment or those who are accused of sexually harassing behavior.