When you are researching lawyers to consult with or represent you, vetting the lawyer and his or her law firm is important. The following information and links are provided to help you learn more about our contributions to the legal community and leadership in the field.
Personal Injury & Employment Attorneys at Winer, Burritt & Scott, LLP Highlights:
- California Super Lawyers recognition since 2006
- Consumer Attorneys of California (formerly the California Trial Lawyers Association) recognition since 1991
- Top Attorneys in Northern California awards from San Francisco Magazine since 2009
- John D. Winer is rated AV Preeminent* by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest achievable rating from the peer-review rating certification standard.
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum member
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum member
- San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association (member and former president)
- Consumer Attorneys of California (member and former vice president and board member since 2010)
- San Francisco Trial Lawyer of the Year Award (finalist)
- California Consumer Attorney of the Year Award
Helpful Information When Reviewing Any Law Firm
- Trial experience — Our trial experience has earned us acclaim and recognition throughout California. John Winer is recognized as one of the leading attorneys in the state.
- Significant cases — Our law firm has handled multimillion-dollar personal injury and employment law cases in the Bay Area and throughout California.
- Awards and honors — Our attorneys consistently receive nominations, honors and awards for their leadership in personal injury and employment law.
- In the news — Winer, Burritt & Scott, LLP, cases have been featured in local, state and national media. Our lawyers are humble and accurate spokespeople who protect the identities of our clients when necessary.
- John D. Winer has authored more than 200 articles, book chapters and subchapters in his areas of specialty. He is also author of the book “Proving Mental and Emotional Injuries,” which is one of the leading legal resources on the subject.
- Lectures — John Winer often moderates and lectures throughout the state in his areas of specialty.
- Testimonials — We have received praise from clients, expert witnesses, colleagues, judges and competitors.
Free Consultation With A Lawyer
*AV®, BV®, AV Preeminent® and BV Distinguished® are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general practice standards.