You may be able to pursue a legal claim for damage and injury compensation against a government entity, construction contractor or another third party. City, county and state governments contract with construction companies and engineering firms to build roads and freeways, but government transportation and public works departments are usually responsible for maintenance.
Pursuing a legal claim against a government entity involves a complicated mix of intertwining regulations, legal procedures and very specific liability laws. The process of obtaining the compensation that you or a loved one deserves should be led by an experienced and proven Oakland personal injury lawyer.
Government entities and other responsible parties can be held liable for improper road design, construction, maintenance and warning signs. Do not settle for less than you deserve.
Is It Worth Filing A Lawsuit Over A Dangerous Road Accident?
If your injuries are serious, it is worth consulting a knowledgeable attorney. We can help you understand your legal options, independently investigate the accident and evaluate the full value of your case. If a government entity or another party is responsible for your accident injuries, you stand to recover much more than your insurance company might or might not offer you.
Road conditions that warrant speaking with one of our attorneys include:
- Poorly designed roads, including improper banking, lane width and visibility around bends
- Visibility obstructed by trees, bushes or buildings
- Inadequate signage to alert drivers of road hazards such as dips, bumps, falling rocks and turns
- Reckless driving on the part of other drivers because of dangerous conditions or traffic detours
- Uneven pavement
- Poorly designed or missing guardrails or median dividers
- Large potholes and other hazards
- Inadequate water drainage
- Poorly maintained traffic signals
- Construction zones with inadequate signage, sudden lane changes or heavy equipment obstructing traffic without warning
Significant Dangerous Road Accident Cases
- $1,500,000 — Wrongful Death of a 28-Year-Old Man in a Freeway Collapse Case
- $400,000 — Paraplegic Injury Settlement Against California Agency for Defective Road Conditions
Consult A Seasoned, Dedicated Personal Injury Attorney
The Los Angeles and Oakland-based personal injury attorneys at Winer, Burritt & Scott, LLP, have secured settlements and verdicts for clients throughout California totaling more than $200 million. We understand the importance of recovering maximum compensation in the short and long term, and we do not back down from the challenges presented by defense attorneys. We pursue your best possible outcome on a contingency fee basis, which means you do not pay us anything unless we achieve a favorable result on your behalf.
Free Consultation — Contact An Attorney
Do you have cause to file a personal injury lawsuit? Email or call Winer, Burritt & Tillis today at (510) 433-1000 to schedule a free initial consultation with a dangerous road car accident attorney in the San Francisco or Los Angeles area.