Plaintiff was a 73 year old man who rented space in an otherwise deserted building. Plaintiff noticed an electrical failure and went to check the fuse box. While checking the fuse box plaintiff felt an explosion and received a burn injury. Defendants blamed plaintiff for causing his own injury. Winer, Burritt & Scott, LLP were retained and by hiring multiple electrical experts were able to establish the cause of the accident to be a faulty fuse box.
RESULT: $150,000 Settlement in favor of plaintiff.